Focusing on setup and development using SQL Server products from 2000 to 2008 and beyond. Also about anything geeky that compels me to write a blog entry.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Windows Shortcut Keys

Sometimes when I use Windows shortcut keys, it reminds me of the good old days of Wordperfect. Ok, I take that back. Trying to remember those hotkeys was miserable. That doesn't change the fact that there are a few Windows shortcut keys that I use every day and don't want to live without.

Here are a few of my favorites.

WindowsKey + E
I hate digging for Windows Explorer in the Start Menu or right-clicking the Start Menu to explore. Give me a quick Win+E and I'm in business.

WindowsKey + R
Quick access to the Run... box makes for a quick "cmd" or "regedit" or whatever the occasion calls for.

WindowsKey + L
I usually Lock my PC when I wander away for lunch or at the end of the day. While you can get there from CTRL + ALT + DEL, this is even faster.

CTRL + SHIFT + ESC
Fast access to the Task Manager so I can see which program is hammering the CPU or eating all the memory.

CTRL + ALT + DEL
The old classic which I mainly use for a password change.

Feel free to comment with any of your favorite shortcut keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment