Focusing on setup and development using SQL Server products from 2000 to 2008 and beyond. Also about anything geeky that compels me to write a blog entry.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

FILESTREAM Article on SQLServerCentral.com

One week ago, an article I wrote on FILESTREAM in SQL 2008 was published on SQLServerCentral.com. This was the first time I had written for a professional publication, online or in print, and I want to thank Steve Jones for giving me the opportunity.

In case you missed it, here is a link to my article.
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/FILESTREAM/67668/

I highly recommend that those of you with any inclination toward documentation or training start writing articles. It not only forces you to dig deeper on a subject than you may have done otherwise, but it also helps to establish you as a professional in the field. I know we all have busy lives, but I think it is worth it. Only time will tell.

And speaking of Steve Jones, check out his recent blog entry on Technical Article Writing where he lists several good places to submit your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment